No matter how careful you are or how much you take care of your roof, eventually you’re going to need a roof repair or roofing restoration in Portland. The roof is continually subjected year after year to weather and natural forces that slowly chip away and wear it down. However, getting your roof repaired can spare you from having to replace it completely.
Willamette Power Roofing and Roof Cleaning can fix any damage that has been done, help to prevent further damage and get your roof back in great shape. For more information about our services in Portland, Call Us At 503-638-440 Today!
Reasons To Get Roofing Restoration In Portland
There are some major contributing factors to the deterioration of your roof of which you should be aware. First of all, outside of specific problems, it is important to remember that a lack of maintenance is perhaps the biggest danger for any roof.
When people fail to notice, detect or repair minor problems, they sometimes open themselves up to bigger problems or more significant damage down the road. That is why it is important to get problems fixed early.
1) Wind Damage – High wind can gradually loosen shingles and pull them away from the roof, letting water or dirt get in between the layers. This moisture and debris can do damage to the roof’s underlying structure.
2) Trees – Large trees looming over the roof provide shade, which can protect the roof from relentless sun during warmer months. However, trees can also drop branches onto the roof, which can puncture or scratch shingles.
Also, leaves can clog gutters causing water to back up. As gutters become heavier, they can pull away and place excessive strain on the roof.
3) Moss And Algae – Moss and algae love to grow on shingles, and over time they can discolor the roof, trap excess water, block gutters and prevent drainage flow.
4) Rain – If you live in an area with a lot of rain or a rainy season, the frequent presence of moisture can eventually penetrate through the shingles leading to a whole range of problems, including wood-rot, saturated insulation and damage to electrical systems and the underlying structure.
5) Poor Design – Of course, if the initial construction and design of the roof is not up-to-par, it can shorten the life of the roof and make it more susceptible to problems over the years. Design problems can be fixed during repair or restoration, eliminating ongoing problems.
Willamette Power Roofing and Roof Cleaning in Portland can fix whatever damage has been done to your roof through expert roofing restoration or roof repair, extending the life of your roof and saving you on more costly roof replacement later on.
For more information about our full range of services, Call Us At 503-638-440 Today!